Eve White – leading literary agent representing some of the UK’s bestselling authors www.evewhite.co.uk
Saskia Sarginson – bestselling author of The Twins, Without You, The Other Me, and The Stranger. www.saskiasarginson.co.uk
The team at bluepencilagency will oversee all submissions.
Submission: The first chapter of the novel up to 5000 words.
Entry fee: £15 for each submission.
Entry opens: March 1.
Closing date: June 30.
Shortlist announced: September 1.
Those shortlisted will be asked to submit up to 20,000 words (includes the initial entry) by September 8.
Winners announced: October 30.
What we’re looking for:
- any genre with the exception of children’s fiction and non-fiction.
- a strong voice.
- an original and unforgettable story that grips the reader.
- an attention grabbing first paragraph.
How to submit
- Use the form above to attach your first chapter or up to 5000 words along with a 300 word synopsis and a covering letter.
- ensure that the file name is the title of the story.
- entries must be in either a doc, docx, or pdf. No other formats will be accepted.
- entries must be double spaced in a clear font (Times New Roman or similar) and pages numbered.
- the novel’s title must be on every page but your name should not appear anywhere on the story.
- the covering letter should include the following details: your name, the title of your novel, your email address and telephone number, a brief CV or publication history and the genre of your novel if applicable.
- the prize is open to all unrepresented and unpublished authors of any age over 18. Self-published authors are accepted
- the work must be completed or close to completion before the closing date June 30.
- entrants may submit more than one novel but as separate entries.
- the submitted work must not have won another competition.
- judges’ decision is final.
- entries must be written in English
- entries can only be submitted electronically via this site and payment made via Paypal.